|Preface: Learn the culinologist curriculum to get help when you enroll in a culinary school. Get names of a few great culinary books.|
The Research Chefs Association has mandated that education and certification are two strategic goals for the future and has created a new category of food professional - the "Culinologist [TM]."
The culinologist curriculum will combine food technology and culinary arts courses, allowing students to pursue a four-year college degree. Presently, both Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J., and Metropolitan College, Omaha, offer RCA-initiated short courses in food science for chefs.
What do they teach you?
In the planning stage is a one-week basic professional cooking course, sponsored by the RCA and the Culinary Institute of America. Its titled "Culinary Workshop for Food Technologists,".
Culinary Arts Resources
Many programs are now being offered at local culinary arts schools, including both short courses and full-term classes. You can get a list of schools at the site http://www.best-cooking-school-culinary-arts-schools-classes.com.
Recommended Culinary Books:
1. On Cooking by Labensky and Hause (Prentice Hall).
2. Professional Cooking by Wayne Gisslen (John Wiley).
3. The New Professional Chef, The Culinary Institute of America (Von Nostrand-Rheinhold).
Basic outline of courses taught in culinary arts courses:
* Culinary arts in modern food service.
* Culinary terms.
* Utensils, modern kitchen equipment, knives, and techniques of their usage.
* Basic cooking principles (dry and moist cooking and alternative methods).
* Five basic ("leading") sauces, secondary sauces ("small"), manufacture of stocks, soups.
* Seasoning and chefs flavoring.
* Classes in meat, poultry and seafood butchering and preparation.
* Ethnic cuisine, essential baking, starch and potato cookery, and vegetable cooking.
* Salads and "garde manger," breakfast service, sandwich making.
* Recipes and menu design.
About the Author
Culinary Artist - Specializes in French & Thai Cuisine
Date Posted : 14 - Feb - 2005
Website : http://www.best-cooking-school-culinary-arts-schools-classes.com
TAKE THIS CAREER AND SHOVE IT -- IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
TAKE THIS CAREER AND SHOVE IT -- IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION! Are you listening to that little voice in your head telling you how much you dislike your job? If not, you may become angry with those around you, when in fact, you'll be angry at yourself...
How To Survive A Job Loss
Has this ever happened to you: You have been working at a particular job for a few years. Itís not the greatest job and it hasnít always allowed you to capitalize on your unique gifts or talents. But itís ok, and it pays the bills. The job has...
How to get a job offer from every interview
About four years ago a friend told me one night that she had an interview the next week and was looking for some comfort as she was extremely nervous, as most people are about interviews. I thought back on my my carreer and realized that in the...
Homelessness in America
Homelessness In America Part One .....With the collapse of the Soviet Union and its East European empire, the United States has become the undisputed economic, political, and military power in the world. Abroad, America inspires a commitment to...
How To Type A Resume For Employers
Copyright 2005 by David Green http://www.powerfuljobsearchtips.com Learning how to type a resume may feel like a daunting task. Even the most affluent writers have asked themselves, how to type a mind-blowing resume. Follow the tips in this...